The following awards were issued to the Northern Nevada Human Resources Association by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The Superior Merit Award is the highest level issued by SHRM and recognizes SHRM Chapters that have achieved excellence in fulfilling their missions. The award(s) recognize professional chapters of SHRM for their exceptional ability in operations, professional development of chapter members, and promotion of the profession and SHRM.
- 2007 – Superior Merit Award
- 2006 – Superior Merit Award
- 2005 – Superior Merit Award
- 2004 – Merit Award
- 2003 – Superior Merit Award
- 2002 – Superior Merit Award
- 2001 – Superior Merit Award
- 2000 – Superior Merit Award
- 1999 – Superior Merit Award
- 1997 – Superior Merit Award
- 1995 – Merit Award
- 1994 – Merit Award
- 1992 – Superior Merit Award
SHRM Foundation Chapter Champion Award (previously named Superior Merit Award)
In 2007, NNHRA received our first Chapter Champion Recognition provided by the SHRM foundation. In order to qualify for this recognition from SHRM we completed the following:
- Made a chapter contribution to the SHRM Foundation
- Appointed a Foundation coordinator
- Educated our members on the Foundation
- Hosted a special event (such as a silent auction) in support of the Foundation.
Scholarships – Certification
In 2007, NNHRA was awarded a $750 Scholarship by the SHRM Foundation. Our HRCI certification chair, Teresa Finn, submitted the application and it was used for two-$250 scholarships for our members.The remaining $250 was used to purchase additional materials for the study group.
The Foundation has committed a total of $100,000 annually for scholarships to be awarded to national SHRM members pursuing a degree in human resources or SPHR, GPHR, PHR or California certification. In addition, chapters and state councils are eligible to compete for the scholarship monies to fund programs that promote SPHR, GPHR, PHR or California certification.